How will you know the results of your advertising and where you are having the best results, if you don’t track your URLs? This is a free and easy way to automatically get statistics on your advertising! You can easily do this by first adding the sites you want to promote as “trackers” on the “Tracking” page in the main menu under “Tools”. Trackers are just another name for a site that you are tracking stats of.
You will get a new URL for the site you want to promote. Advertise it in Hungry For Hits, or in any traffic exchange you use, and come back to the “Tracking” page in Hungry For Hits to check your results. For example, it would be a good idea to add our splashpage rotator as a tracker, when you promote Hungry For Hits in other places.
- Add your sites the same way as you would normally add a site on the “My Websites” page.
- Give them each a short name so you can easily find it if you want to use the trackers in a rotator. For example, if you added a referral link from Hungry For Hits and your name is Tom, you could call it HungryTom.
- The site checker will scan it.
- It will appear listed with the Site URL you added, a Tracker URL, and a field for tracking that says “Daily Stats” and “Conversion Tracking”.
- Click Conversion Tracking (which will be visible when you have added a tracker), and select to “Enable Auto Conversion Tracking” if possible. This is always possible if you promote Hungry For Hits links from the Affiliate Toolbox, and usually if you promote other traffic exchanges or mailers too.
Done! That is all you need to do to start tracking and collecting stats – basically you just have to add your site, get a new Tracker URL for it and advertise that Tracker URL. The Tracker URL will always be in this format:
It will end with whatever name you gave it. It will display just like it would have with the original link, no matter where you advertise it. All information from the tracker URL will be available to you on this page. There is a more detailed instruction video on the “Tracking” page, if you click “Help & Tutorials“.