We have a special chat room for Hungry For Hits members. It appears on the right side when you are viewing ads to earn credits, surfing, but it can be closed by clicking the red X in the top right corner of the chat box.
If you want to have a profile picture in chat, you can upload one directly from your computer as it doesn’t pull any images from Gravatar. When you say something in chat, people will be able to click your name and see your Profile page.
Click the “Settings” link above the box where you type and upload your profile picture there. You can also change your chat username and password there. It is separate from your main Hungry For Hits account.
To send a message, enter a message in the text field at the top and either press your enter key, click “Send”. The chat is only a social feature, for networking and entertainment, and you can not promote things in the chat. This is the reason why people must create an account separate from their main Hungry For Hits account, so that they can be blocked from the chat if they post things that don’t belong there.
There is a 20 character limit for each individual word without a space, so if you would try to add a link it would most likely be cut off. There are almost no words with that many characters, so regular conversations are not affected by this.
To see the available smileys, click the yellow smiley with a knife and fork next to the “Send” button. A smiley list will open in a new window. To add a smiley in your message, you can either click the smiley image, copy the command next to the smiley image and paste it into your message, or type it directly. Just remember to type a : before and after the command for the picture to appear in your message. For example, a sun smiley would be typed like this:
:sun: and it would appear like this:
To change your username, picture or password for your chat account, click the “Settings” link above the text field where you type your message. Make whatever changes you want to do, then click “Save” and “Return to chat”. If you are logged in to Hungry For Hits, you can also open the chat in a separate window. This is good if you just want to use it for socializing, but not surf to earn credits. To do this, rightclick the window and select “This frame – Open frame in new window”.
Common sense and site terms apply to chat, which means that it is not allowed to spam, insult, comment on race or post anything illegal. Talking about drugs, sex or politics is also highly inappropriate. These are the basic rules:
- This chatroom consists of members with various backgrounds and personalities. There will be different ideas and opinions expressed in the chat, and it is not the moderator’s responsibility to regulate which topics are discussed, assuming those topics comply with these Rules and Policies.
- Topics that may NOT be discussed in this chat include content that is illegal in the United States, adult-only, profane, intentionally provoking, or otherwise offensive to a casual and typical person. Whether or not a topic falls into one of these categories may be made at the discretion of a moderator, in compliance with the Moderator Rules and Policies.
- Members may not post links, codes, or other direct marketing material inside the chat. However, members may discuss products and services, including their own, as part of the conversation with other members.
- Members will often have contrasting views and opinions. Contrasting opinions may be expressed in the chat, and other members should respect the right for those opinions to be discussed. However, a member should only express opinions that are related to the discussion among the other members. A member may not disrupt an ongoing conversation to state an off-topic opinion.
- A member may not ask others (such as friends or a mailing list) to enter the chat with the intent of disrupting or changing the conversation.
- Although contrasting opinions can be discussed and debated, members may not personally attack or insult other members in the chat. Negative comments and accusations may not be posted regarding another person, regardless of if that person is a member of this chat. A personal conflict with another person must be handled outside of the chat system.
- If a member feels that another member is in violation of these Rules and Policies, they should be reported to a moderator using the “Report Abuse” link.