A Mini Brander is a banner with Hungry For Hits logo and 4 different member’s photos or logos. The purpose of the ad is to increase your online recognition and improve your branding. When someone clicks that banner, they will be taken to a page where they can learn more about those 4 members and visit their websites.
Admin will automatically display mini brander banners in surf in Hungry For Hits. 2% of the times, the mini branders banner will come up instead of a regular banner. Please note that Admin will also promote your mini branders outside of Hungry For Hits. This means that sometimes delivery of Mini brander impressions is very fast.
This is what a mini brander can look like. If you click it, you will see the ads from the 4 people on the banner:
Adding a Mini brander
First click the “Mini Branders” page under the Advertising tab. Free members can add 1 Mini brander ad, Silver members can add 3 Mini brander ads, Gold members can add 5 Mini brander ads, and Super advertisers have unlimited advertising to 5 Mini brander ads.
1. There are 3 ways to add your photo to your Mini Brander. You can use your Gravatar photo, you can upload a photo from your computer, or you can enter the URL of the image you wish to use.
2. In the “Title” field, give your ad a name. People will see the title, so make it relevant.
3. In the “Description” field, you can write a little about the site you promote. You can use up to 255 characters. If it is longer, it will be cut off, but you will be able to edit it.
4. In the “Site URL” field, add the link you want people to go to when they click your Mini brander ad.
5. In the “125×125 Banner image URL” field, you can add a link to a square banner image. This is optional, so you can leave it blank if you don’t have a banner. If you have a banner, right click the image of the banner you want to advertise, and copy the image url for this field.
6. Click add to save your Mini brander.
I recommend you click “Preview” next to your photo on the Mini brander, once you have added it. Make sure the text isn’t cut off and that the banner displays, if you have added one. If the square banner isn’t visible, no one else would see it either and there is most likely some sort of error with it. First, copy the picture url you added and open it in a new window to see if it is displaying a picture – it should. Most commonly, the picture link is not correct, or the ref link and picture link should switch places.
To have your Mini brander ad display, you must assign Mini brander impressions to it. Add the number of Mini brander impressions you want to give your ad in the “Assign impressions” column, and click “Assign” (or press Enter). You can see how many Mini brander impressions you have at the top of the page.
You can convert website credits gathered in surf to Mini brander ads, by adding a number of credits in the “Assign credits” column and clicking “Assign” (or press Enter). Free members will get 20 Mini brander impressions per 1 credit, upgraded members will get 25 Mini brander impressions per 1 credit. It’s not possible to convert Mini brander impressions back to website credits. You can also use the “Quick assign” feature on top of the page to distribute a certain amount of website credits equally to all your active Mini brander ads.