To create a rotator, click the “Rotators” page under the “Tools” menu. There are 4 buttons at the top, Trackers, Rotators, Stats and Help & Tutorials, and you will automatically start on the Trackers page. Trackers are just the name of the actual sites you want to put in a rotator.
- To create a rotator, first add the sites you want to have in a rotator as trackers on the blue tracker tab. It is done just like you would add a site in the “Websites” page under the “My Ads” menu.
- Give them each a short name so you can easily find it when you want to add the trackers in a rotator. For example, if you added a referral link from Hungry For Hits and your name is Tom, you could call it HungryTom.
- You need to add at least two trackers to create a rotator.
- Once you have added trackers, click the blue “Rotators” button.
- Chose “Create new rotator” in the dropdown menu and click “View/Manage rotator”.
- You will be asked to give it a name, which will be in the URL of your actual rotator. Click “Create rotator”.
- So now you have a rotator URL, and you need to add sites to your rotator. To do that, click the “Add/Edit sites” button below your rotator url.
- A new window will open, where you can chose which of your trackers you want to add to your rotator. Select which sites you want to add to your rotator.
- Click “Update rotator” at the bottom of the “Add/Edit sites” popup window.
Done! If you click your Rotator URL, or copy it and open in a new window, you will see your rotator. Each time you refresh it, you will see a different site in your rotator. You can add or edit trackers and existing rotators at any time, which is why rotators are so great.
If you only advertise the rotator to promote your sites, you only ever have to log in to Hungry For Hits to edit the sites you promote! Just click “Add/Edit sites” on the “Rotators” page to edit your advertising everywhere.
Below your Rotator URL, you can see which sites you currently have added to it. There is also an option to check daily stats for the rotator, and to delete it. Below those buttons, there are some additional, optional, features.
- In the “Traffic control graph”, you can select how frequently each site will be shown relative to the other sites in your rotator. Just drag the bars up or down to edit this and click “Update”.
- In the “Advanced settings” field, you can choose to enable the smart filter, which reduces the chance of a site being shown in the same site that you’re promoting it at.
- You can select if you want to display your Gravatar (profile picture) in the rotator top frame.
- Gold members and Super advertiser can select if they want to remove the top frame of the Rotator URL. However, you can earn referrals to Hungry For Hits from that frame.